Our Client, a growing company in Washington DC, is seeking a Sr. DevOps Engineer with strong web application architecture and administration skills to help support an enterprise web site.
- The Dev Ops Engineer will develop and institute monitoring policies as well as intrusion detection systems
- Manage configuration deployment, backup and (OS) updates
- The Dev Ops Engineer will enable rapid development through robust Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Script / automate core processes to improve efficiency as well as platform availability
- The Dev Ops Engineer will ensure highest availability of the platform and its core services
- Debug incidents, escalate and follow through until resolution has been achieved
- The Dev Ops Engineer will participate in on-call rotation to ensure 24/7 coverage
- Partner with other teams to share tools, expertise, and create effective solutions
- 2-5 years’ experience in Software Development with good coding practices
- Strong understanding of AWS. Any AWS certifications are a major plus
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef, Rundeck, Bamboo and Jenkins
- Any experience with Docker is a plus.
- Experience with Git version control software
- Experience working with monitoring tools (Data Dog or Splunk) and hardware load balancers (F5) is desired