Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
A HireStrategy Client is looking for a Systems Engineer to join their growing team. Below is a list for the responsibilities.
- Assist in building the data analytics platform.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and other technical documentation for operational tasks.
- Provide day-to-day operational support of our secure data analytics platform.
- Follow security best practices that will assist in maintaining a stable and highly secure IT environment.
- Work directly and effectively with other teams in troubleshooting problems and finding solutions.
- Utilize ticketing system ticket queue to address all server and application issues in a timely manner, recording solutions, and escalating tickets as required.
- Manage complex problems through to a successful conclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline and 5+ years of relevant experience in the IT industry, or a Master’s degree with 3 years of relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience operating AWS-based applications (2-3 years preferred)
- Experience designing, architecting, provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on AWS
- Strong knowledge and work experience with Citrix technologies, including Netscaler and XenApp
- Strong knowledge and experience with installation, administration, troubleshooting of Windows Operating Systems and Linux (Red Hat, Suse)
- Ability to understand and analyze complex issues and information relating to database management.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills, a proactive and detail-oriented approach, a strong team-oriented attitude, and the ability to establish work priorities are required.
- Passion for the craft with a demonstrated ability to learn and understand the technology both at a high level and at a detailed level.