Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
HireStrategy is looking for a Virtualization Engineer for their client in Fairfax, VA!
- Architect and implement virtualization solutions
- Guarantee the environment is up and running with continuing support and maintenance
- Troubleshoot and repair errors and issues as they happen.
- Configure and monitor and storage area networks to allow communication to the virtual infrastructure.
- Decrease complex issues to everyday recommended options.
- Provide training and mentorship to the onsite engineering team.
- Act as the project technical lead for virtualization integration projects.
- Work with client to decide their functional necessities.
- Convert client needs into hardware/software needs for current or new virtualization environments.
- Give Tier IV support escalation as needed.
- Analysis and record the functionality of existing environments while suggesting enhancements or upgrades that could profit clients.
- Converse regularly to project managers concerning project events and standing.
- Generate test plans, installation guides, technical specifications, white papers and best practice documentation as needed.
- Accountable for maintaining multiple projects at the same time within the FBI lab.
- Support the Application Development team who is working on multiple new projects for the FBI.
- Provide the development team virtualized servers with VMware.
- Research and track new technologies that would help the Lab and FBI
- At least 8 years’ experience in defining, isolating, and resolving technical problems.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or other analytical/logical/quantitative disciplines.
- Extensive experience with VMware technologies
- Experience providing senior-level engineering support and subject matter expertise, including Tier IV support
- Large enterprise environment experience
- Proven ability to design and implement complex information systems and the capability to explain intricate problems to others in a way that facilitates informed decision making.
- Extensive experience working with virtualization and cloud technologies, including: VMware, Azure, AWS.
- Familiarity designing, managing, monitoring, scaling, and implementing large enterprise level virtualization environments spanning multiple data centers and geographical regions.
- Practice with Microsoft Active Directory and Windows 2012/2016 Server
- Knowledge of data center design and infrastructure.
- Understanding of SAN storage (EMC, NetApp, Hitachi, Pure Storage)
- Knowledge of storage technologies (NFS and iSCSI SAN).
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Extensive experience working with clients to capture/document requirements
- Experience with various systems administration tasks such as: user account management, file transfers, VM creation, cable and equipment management, documentation, etc.
- Knowledge of VB and PowerShell scripting as it apply to automation, troubleshooting, and information collecting.
- Active Top Secret clearance, with the ability to get SCI with CI Polygraph