Back to Results
.NET - Lead .NET Developer
Location: Chicago Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract
The Lead Developer is responsible for leading the development, implementation and maintenance of .NET based applications and components for a marketing platform.
- Collaborate with developers, project managers, business analysts and business users in conceptualizing, estimating and developing new software applications and enhancements.
- Responsible for defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, providing time estimates for programming tasks and implementation plans.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s objectives, business requirements, deliverables, and specifications in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Develop technical documentation to define the system components, development environment and implementation planning/strategies
- Prepare and dispense work assignments, provide guidance, and/or review the work of other team members.
- Collaborate with QA team to define test cases, metrics, and resolve questions about test results.
- Recommend business process flow improvements and clearly communicate problem/resolution process to project management.
- Develops and implements solutions in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Facilitate the design and implementation process for new products/projects, informing senior executive of alternatives.
- Analyze user requests and assist with design activities.
- Provide in-depth and strong technical specialty and knowledge to the team.
- Develop components based on business and/or application requirements
- Create unit tests in accordance with team policies & procedures
- Work closely with the QA team to identify and implement appropriate manual and automated functional tests
- Advise, and mentor team members in specialized technical areas as well as fulfill administrative duties as defined by support process
- Work with cross-functional teams during crisis to address and resolve complex incidents and problems in addition to assessment, analysis, and resolution of cross-functional issues.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures associated with support requires improvement and helps in the process improvement activity
- Develop Metrics to Assess & Improve quality and effectiveness of the development team
- 8+ years of .NET and SQL development experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Recent and relevant experience leading software development initiatives
- Excellent skills in Microsoft technologies, including C#, ASP.NET, Microsoft .NET Framework
- Strong skills in database technologies (Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle) including database development (T-SQL or PL/SQL)
- Excellent knowledge of web architectural and design patterns
- Solid working knowledge of current technologies including Object Oriented analysis and design practices (Object modeling, use cases, activity diagrams, and UML).
- Familiar with various forms of SSO and an understanding of security best practices such as OWASP
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle, various development methodologies, and able to independently participate in each phase.
- Ability to design and implement solutions that are reliable, scalable, and perform at a high-level to meet the service levels associated with mission-critical solutions.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with ability to anticipate and avoid problems.
- Ability to define and implement migration strategies from legacy systems to new architecture and technologies.
- Ability to manage / work well within a team environment that includes geographically distributed team members.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and an ability to communicate with internal and external customers and all levels of management, including communicating technical information to nontechnical audiences.
- Ability to design and build flexible and extensible systems with focus on code reuse and generation.
- Experience with writing detailed technical specifications for developers; design, validate and execute software test plans.
- Development experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 2012+
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience with responsive and/or adaptive design
- Experience with progressive enhancement
- Familiarity with NoSQL solutions such as Redis
- Familiarity with Service Bus architecture
- Familiarity with content management solutions/frameworks such as Kentico, WordPress and/or DotNetNuke
- Excellent Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems quickly
- Motivated to learn new applications and domains
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to take full ownership of tasks and projects
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM process
- Behavioral Attributes:
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Possess Can-Do attitude to overcome challenges
- Self-motivated and directed