Location: Chicago Region
Category: Internal Jobs
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Role and Responsibilities
The role of Business Development Manager (BDM) is primarily responsible for prospecting new clients for the Vertical / Location for which they are hired, via strategic inside & outside sales activity. BDMs must be able to research and identify prospective users of temporary or permanent staffing firms and develop a marketing plan in order to break into new clients and penetrate and develop existing clients utilizing assessments of marketing opportunities and target markets, intelligence gathering and identification of competitive edge. Daily phone activity is required for generating and following up on leads, follow-up sales activity and quality / expansion calls. Outside sales activities such as client visits, prospecting, door knocking and attending networking events are also a necessary part of the BDM’s weekly activities. Written skills are required for electronic communication as well as formal proposal writing. The BDM partners with Recruiters in order to fulfill the requirements of each client need based upon in-depth job descriptions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Researches, Identifies and Sells to potential business deals by contacting potential clients, through prospect calls, Ad calls, Lead follow, MPC Calls, etc.
· Maintains and updates a prospective client lists of 200+ utilizing the ICM tearsheet list
· Schedules and attends client meetings to generate new business and expand current business
· Develops, penetrates and maintains client relationships through Quality / Expansion Calls
· Negotiates fees and closes deals in accordance with company goals and expectations
· Represents Addison in a professional and positive manner in all interactions, including networking events and other activities outside of normal business hours
· Documentation of all contacts into Bullhorn, for historical data and productivity reporting
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Four year degree or equivalent
Professional oral and written communication skills
Individuals in this position work in a team environment, while being held accountable for individual sales growth and productivity targets. Successful candidates must be comfortable making many calls, breaking and developing repeat clients, scheduling appointments, and building relationships. Addison Search will provide you with the necessary sales training and professional career development you need to grow your business.