Back to Results
Employment Type: Contract
The marketing consultant will be specializing in Secondary ELA/Literature and is responsible for providing a professional commitment to advancing the literacy growth and college and career readiness of students. This role leverages the passion and commitment to planning and implementing successful go-to-market strategies that capture market share. A leader by nature, the Marketing Consultant, Secondary ELA/Literature exudes the daily energy and optimism needed to navigate today’s highly complex, challenging, and competitive Secondary ELA/Literature market.
- Recommend marketing and promotional plans for Secondary ELA/Literature based on launch strategy as identified by product segmentation.
- Implements plans as directed, and monitors progress to existing marketing plans.
- Works to connect Secondary ELA/Literature strategies to cross-discipline and cross-company programs, implementing cohesive and consistent messaging that enhances the Secondary ELA/Literature message and products brand.
- As directed, implements strategic marketing communication tasks and projects. Represents Secondary ELA/Literature products as a Subject Matter Expert when collaborating with or training cross-functional teams.
- Supports and maintains national strategic plans and innovative marketing campaigns to drive demand.
- Maintains strong, ongoing channels of communication with sales, marketing, and product development teams to ensure success.
- Maintains strong relationships with sales teams to ensure integrity in the Sales process with the core message and positioning of assigned products.
- Provides training, strategic advice for key sales opportunities, and presentation development support.
- Creates a brand experience that engages and influences customers through personalized connections and ultimately converts mindshare into market share.
- Uses data to gauge effectiveness of marketing plans and promotional campaigns.
- Promotes product lines at national exhibits in ways that drive customer engagement with them.
- Provides accurate and quick support for sales teams in order to drive revenue.
- Connects our brands with customers and drives business results by blending strategy, creative content, technology, and analysis.
- Partners with Sr. Director and Director to identify and modify product promotional strategies and sales cases, as appropriate.
- Analyze competitors’ programs to deliver winning sales strategies to the sales team.
Required Education and Experience:
- Requires BS/BA in related discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience as an ELA educator, or at least three years’ experience in educational publishing, within marketing, sales, editorial, consulting, or product management roles, with proven experience in creating and executing innovative marketing campaigns through multiple channels that drive demand.
- Proficient in MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Preferred Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Self-starter: takes initiative and ownership, meets deadlines, exhibits deep understanding of the pedagogy, needs, and challenges faced by the Secondary ELA/Literature customer (students and educators), and is able to translate this understanding into customer-centric marketing strategies and deliverables.
- Independent thinker, creative, a problem solver who is flexible, solutions-oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to persuasively present our Secondary ELA/Literature programs to multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to balance the big picture and attention to detail.
- Collaborative skills – working across teams.
- Interpersonal skills – developing relationships with sales leaders and marketing colleagues.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent writing skills, preferred.
- Approximately 10 - 20%, travel required at least 3 times per year, possibly more during intensive periods of training or campaigns.
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.