Back to Results
LMSW- Sheltar Care Coordinator
Location: NY / JC Region
Employment Type: Direct Hire
The LMSW Shelter Care Coordinator will work with the Case Management team to introduce and provide clinical services and engage individuals and/or families in long term services within the community. In the role you will
- Assess the needs of the family and/or individual by completed a psychosocial assessment.
- Engage the families and/or individuals in short term counseling, groups and workshops.
- Refer clients to other service providers within the community for long term services. Collaborate with the team and outside agencies engaged with families for follow up and ensure consistency in the delivery of services.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Identify families and/or individuals who are in need of a higher level of service including; victims of domestic violence, families with active ACS cases, individuals exhibiting signs of mental illness or substance abuse; non-compliant or hostile and aggressive clients.
- Observe children and assist teachers and Recreation staff in developing individual service plans for the children. Engage the parents in development of service plans and refer child for outside services.
- Conduct play therapy groups
- Assist Teachers and after school staff in completing the DECCA and DESSA’s Engage parent in the assessment process
- Collaborate with DOE, medical and mental health providers, Early Intervention programs, ACS, etc., to ensure the needs of children in our care are address.
- LMSW is required
- Experience facilitating group therapy and developing group curriculum
- Experience with standardized assessment tools
- Experience working with individuals with mental illness and substance abuse