Back to Results
Senior Staff Accountant
Location: Dallas Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Addison Group has partnered with a growing healthcare company in Addison in search of a Staff Accountant. This role will perform routine accounting functions, such as: posting to the general ledger; balancing and reconciling accounts; verifying the internal consistency, completeness, and mathematical accuracy of accounting documents; assigning prescribed accounting distribution codes; analyzing and verifying the clerical accuracy of various reports, calculations, postings, etc., preparing journal entries; or making entries or adjustments to accounts. Will assist the Corporate Controller with additional duties and perform other work as assign. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years' experience in accounting and the desire to pursue their CPA certification.
- Maintains general ledgers of books for sub-units or branch operations.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts for sub-units.
- Prepares bank transactions and ensures they are processed in a timely manner.
- Reviews and/or analyzes and reconciles sub-ledgers with operating unit reports.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding costs and /or budget variances.
- Perform monthly financial analysis of financial statements.
- Prepares spreadsheets and submits reports, as required.
- Assists with training personnel regarding general ledger processes.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university.
- Must hold a CPA certification or be working towards completion.
- General Ledger experience with a minimum of 3 years required.
- Possess a working knowledge of computers, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Able to operate a 10-key adding machine accurately, preferably by touch.
- Possess the skills to think analytically.
- Have the ability to organize work and schedule effectively.
- Have the ability to learn new computer programs and applications quickly.
- Have a positive attitude and be able to foster positive attitudes and positive working relationships with others in the office setting.
- Have a sound foundation in the principals of accounting.