Back to Results
Location: Dallas Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Addison Group is assisting a mid-cities company with their search for a Financial Analyst. This position is a key team member leading efforts in the future growth of the company. This individual will participate in the company’s financial quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. This position will provide financial analysis and support the Sales, Product Development and Marketing teams, providing operational variance analysis as well as contribution margin reporting. This function acts as an analytical tool to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making. The position reports to the Assistant Finance Manager. This role requires a self-starter who enjoys working in an improvement driven environment. The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years of FP&A experience with a large, growing company and the desire to make things better!
- Contribute and participate in the Annual Budgeting, monthly/quarterly forecasting, and 3-year long-range planning
- Manage and update the company’s internal Business Analysis Tool (BAT), contributing on the company’s assessment in areas like: Pricing, ROI on marketing spend.
- Product and Customer-level profitability.
- Assist in preparation of line review analysis.
- Leverage Business Intelligence tools to automate reports and processes. Partner with IT and Finance Systems in automating and improving accuracy of daily and monthly reporting, including KPIs, scorecards and key business tools.
- Model costing of new products.
- Ad hoc business analysis to turn data into insights across functions. Perform financial analysis and modeling to identify trends and recommend improvements accordingly.
- Participate/assist in the company’s annual SKU rationalization exercise.
- Provide leadership and direction to other members of the Finance team, as needed.
- Financially analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods/processes or services provided to determine the effects on overall costs.
- Effectively collaborate with colleagues from all departments, including procurement, manufacturing, engineering, product development, and sales.
- Finance or Accounting degree.
- 3-6 years or related FP&A experience in a corporate or multinational setting or 2-4 years in strategy / financial consulting.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) with peers and executive level.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel (Advanced level) and superior Excel modeling skills.
- Strong mathematical and data analytical skills.
- Strong PowerPoint skills.
- Oracle, Essbase, Smart View reporting or similar.
- Experience working in a lean environment and exposure to lean concepts.
- High attention to detail and accuracy. Self-starter, proactive, and creative problem solver.
- Previous experience in Consumer Product Goods (CPG) and manufacturing a plus.
- Business Partner orientation to other executives and managers
- Ability to work with ambiguity and tight deadlines, when necessary.
- Process driven.