Back to Results
Chief Accounting Officer
Location: Austin Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Chief Accounting Officer – College Station, TX – Up to $200,000 + Bonus
Mid-sized Texas based company located in the College Station, TX area in search of a full time Chief Accounting Officer to direct the company's accounting functions and activities, maintaining financial records, preparing financial reports, and evaluating operating results against costs, budgets, trends, and profits. This high-profile position reports to the CFO and interacts with all level of executive management across multiple companies.
Responsibilities and Duties of Chief Accounting Officer:
- Provide senior management and business unit leadership with accurate, actionable and timely GAAP financial statements and business unit management reporting, metrics and counsel to achieve company goals.
- Drive process improvement activities to accelerate and enhance the company close cycle.
- Manage all external audit efforts, coordinating information flow between the accounting team and the external CPA firm in its preparation of the external audit.
- Develop accounting policies and procedures aligned with all applicable standards with effective controls to insure compliance.
- Coordinate the implementation of SOX compliance processes and controls across the company.
- Analyze the impact of new accounting pronouncements and ensure their proper implementation.
- Build, develop and mentor a strong accounting team that provides proactive support and execution of responsibilities supporting both the current and future needs of the business.
- Provide information and oversight for the preparation of income tax returns.
Qualifications and Skills for Chief Accounting Officer:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in accounting, finance or relevant field and a CPA designation are required.
- 15 to 20 years of progressive, broad based experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a leadership role with demonstrated success in growing and developing the accounting team.
- Demonstrated track record and an ability to work effectively with a variety of constituents, internal staff members, senior leadership professionals, external partners, directors, and tax and legal advisors.
- Outstanding knowledge of current and emerging trends in technical accounting (i.e., GAAP, SEC, FASB compliance).
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and SOX compliance requirements.
Why choose Addison Finance & Accounting?
- Pay: We negotiate high salaries using US Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Benefits & Bonuses: You are eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance benefits, 401K, and monetary bonuses
- Permanent Employment: Many of Addison’s Finance & Accounting job openings lead to potential permanent employment
- Connections: You connect directly with hiring managers from renowned organizations
- Options: You are presented multiple employment options near your home
- Professional Development: You are provided hiring process advice, resume revision, and employment term negotiation