Back to Results
Location: Chicago Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Fortune 500 client in the Northwestern suburbs of Chicago is hiring a Senior Accountant to their team. The Senior Accountant will prepare various financial reports, month end close functions, account reconciliations, compliance and controls for the company. Reviews, verifies and analyzes financial data from organizations for accuracy in reporting. Utilizes advanced knowledge of process flow for varied programs/revenue streams to ensure accurate and timely reporting of data.
- As the Senior Accountant the role will require the preparation of various financial reports, month end close functions, account reconciliations, compliance and controls for the company programs that includes complex worksheets and journal entries.
- Liaison to financial contact with the organization to verify and resolve issues related to data files provided.
- Reviews and documents process flows for all revenue streams/programs.
- Designs effective controls over program process flows to ensure proper authorizations are in place and accuracy of data.
- Administers revenue programs including running reports, validating, analyzing and submitting for payment to meet monthly time lines.
- Analyzes large volume of data (multiple lines of data and dependencies).
- Serves as liaison between IT and Revenue group regarding changes to automated systems. Manipulates, tests, and implements changes in automated system.
- Coordinates internal audit reviews of revenue programs.
- Actively participate in ad hoc projects, system upgrades and ad hoc analyses as needed by Controller and Director of Revenue.
- Strong knowledge of current US GAAP especially relating to revenue recognition
- ERP Implementation especially Oracle
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and collaboration skills.
- Process oriented, highly organized and attention to details.
- Independent, able to manage time efficiently and manage projects
- Advanced knowledge of Process Flows, Controls and integration between disparate systems
- Advanced level proficiency with Excel, especially large data manipulation, including v-lookups and pivot tables
- Ability to analyze accounts, identify issues, resolve differences, and recommend process improvements
- Detail oriented