Back to Results
Senior SOX AUDITOR
Location: Chicago Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Senior SOX AUDITOR
Large Fortune 500 Company in Chicago is seeking a Senior SOX Auditor to assist with the oversight and maintenance of the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Compliance Program, including compliance. This position reports to the Audit Manager, responsible for the SOX Compliance Program Management Office (PMO). The Senior SOX Auditor evaluates the sufficiency of controls to reasonable address key financial risks, coordinates and performs SOX/MAR testing (including IT), monitors issue remediation efforts, coordinates efforts with external auditors, and prepares senior management and board reportable documents. This individual will also have exposure to operational and compliance audit teams and may participate in the annual risk assessment meetings
- Responsible for the review of internal control environment to ensure the design, implementation and monitoring of control points are efficient and effective, to include risk assessments, audit plans, audit programs and audit reports.
- Assist in assessment and refinement of SOX/MAR Model Audit Rule (MAR) Program procedures within the PMO, Internal Audit and corporate/business unit functions.
- Develop and deliver training material to SOX/MAR Program participants, including Business/IT management and Internal Audit.
- Assist in SOX/MAR scoping efforts including risk based analysis of financial statements and related processes, controls and supporting information technology.
- Execute assigned testing and coordinate with Internal Audit on entity, business and IT control testing, including roll forward and retest procedures.
- Provide and assist in the oversight to the Internal Audit participation of the Corporate Intern Program
- Monitor and report on issue identification/retesting/closure status.
- Provide a point of escalation for problems related to the program such as response issues related to testing and/or issue mitigation.
- Developing an audit program to test the effectiveness of internal controls and adherence to banking regulations
- Provide a point of contact for the external auditor and regulators with regard to their audit requirements.
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Minimum of 4-6 years' experience in an internal audit capacity.
- Big 4 experience strongly preferred.
- CPA, CIA or CFE certification preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. SOX, with a working knowledge of U.S. GAAP to enable the development of effective audit test procedures and control risk assessment analysis.
- Highest level of ethics, independence, and professionalism.
- Excellent project management and analytical skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and reporting skills are needed to interact effectively with peers, management and external auditors.