Back to Results
Location: Chicago Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Financial Analyst – Job Description
Addison Group, a rapidly growing mid-sized staffing firm, is looking for an additional financial analyst to support its internal Finance team. The analyst will report to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, and will create deliverables geared towards advising and informing Addison’s executive team and board of directors.
A young, dynamic office located in the heart of downtown Chicago, Addison was named to Chicago’s Top 100 Workplaces (Chicago Tribune) and is one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. (Inc. 5000). Candidates interested in a fast-paced, analytically driven role with a high level of C-Suite exposure to complement major operational duties should apply.
Role and Responsibilities
The analyst will join a strong, cross-functional finance team. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing financial and operational results. Creating weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for the C-Suite to make strategic decisions.
- Creating the annual company forecast. Internal metrics will be leveraged for a “bottoms up” budget that will benchmark division, office, and individual performance.
- Supporting and revamping our metrics. Delivering high impact reports for a salesforce of 500+ individuals.
- Supporting variable compensation operations. Includes high involvement with company’s commissions (upwards of $20M annually) and bonuses (upwards of $8M annually).
- Supporting integration of finance operations for any company acquisitions (approximately two per year).
- Ad hoc analysis to support executive team. Direct requests from CEO, CFO, and division presidents will be the norm.
- 0-2 years in finance/accounting role.
- Undergraduate college degree in finance/accounting, business administration, economics, math, or other business/quantitative field.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills. Experience with Great Plains or an ERP system considered a plus.
- Comfort with analyzing financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows).
- High level of quantitative thinking with strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, ability to multi-task as a team player
- Upbeat personality, comfort with a young workplace, and desire for “work hard, play hard” culture.
Potential candidates should send introductory e-mail, resume, and any references/recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those qualified for the role will hear back directly about next steps. Preference is for candidates able to start immediately.