Back to Results
Financial Systems Analyst
Location: Reston Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
HireStrategy is looking for a Financial Systems Analyst for their client in Northern Virginia!
- Participate in all phases of the financial system product lifecycle from business problem identification to solution deployment. Provide guidance for functional and technical production support of Oracle Financials and other core financial systems for complex and escalated issues.
- Contributing member or lead of a project team implementing new system functionality and system upgrades.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide operational and technical support of Oracle Financials and other core financial systems to end users
- Responsible for ensuring corporate policy compliance in all aspects of accounting processes and maintain proper access controls over Oracle database
- Controlling and monitoring user access and optimizing the performance of the database
- Develop and perform exception reporting for data entry, processing and system integration
- Identify opportunities for new system functionality for better alignment to business processes
- Define and document requirements for configuration and custom developed software products
- Develop various documents, including requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, user guides, process flows, wireframes, and end user training.
- Perform functional analysis and testing, identify gaps, and design solutions to fill gaps
- Serve as primary liaison between finance and IT for all financial systems
- Collaborate with IT to ensure that technical design, unit and functional testing, deployment, and implementation meet business requirements and properly documented
- Develop project documentation in collaboration with IT e.g., project initiation documentation, budget, project plan, and resource plan
- Perform project management tasks in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle for small and medium sized projects.
- Develop production support procedures to align with financial audit requirements
- Manage reporting cubes and ensure data is accurate and updated timely
- Serve as SME in building financial reports and dashboards in OBIEE
- 5+ years of financial business process optimization, system configuration or system problem solving experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with Oracle R12 and OBIEE (Oracle Business Intelligence)
- Oracle Financials support and configuration experience required.
- Ability to define and articulate Business Benefits and Costs
- Experience with data conversions, interfaces/integrations, reporting, and customizations to Oracle applications
- Strong business skills and experience in accounting, finance or operations
- Ability to assess functional and technical gaps in designs
- Experience in developing detailed work plans for project activities within scope of application responsibility
- Experience in training and supporting end users in Oracle
- Experience in testing Oracle application instances to successfully validate application setups, including input to test plans, test scenarios, and test scripts is required
- Experience with reviewing, interpreting, and analyzing financial data preferred.
- SQL query experience preferred.
- ITIL Certification a plus.