Back to Results
Financial Reporting Manager
Location: Reston Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
HireStrategy is looking for a Financial Reporting Manager for their client in Northern Virginia!
- Ensure that all financial reports and supporting schedules are prepared in accordance with GAAP, are complete and accurate, and submitted timely. Includes, but not limited to: 10-Q, 10-K, S-1, Monthly Management Reports, Earnings Release schedules, Investor and Board/Audit Committee Reports. Partner with FP&A to ensure accurate reported results and forecasts, and provide management with timely financial information for effective strategic decision making.
- Direct full cycle accounting calendar including monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting closes.
- Oversees all general ledger activity, ensuring accurate and timely processing of transactions and compliance with company policies and internal controls.
- Inform management of trends and changes in SEC reporting and GAAP accounting standards. Conduct thorough research of accounting and reporting issues, document findings and recommend implementation alternatives.
- Take a lead Accounting and Reporting role in all phases of business acquisition activities, to include, but not limited to: due diligence, closing settlement, functional integration, purchase accounting, and consolidated financial reporting of acquired entities. Ensure the accounting and reporting teams are ready and able to take on future transactions to include taking the company public through efficient and effective Close to Report processes that produce timely and reliable results.
- Ensure that SOX internal controls adequately address business and technology risks, and ensure all processes are documented, kept current, and executed in accordance with Company policy.
- Expert knowledge of GAAP and related financial reporting and disclosure requirements
- Advanced knowledge of SEC filing regulations
- Advanced knowledge of financial statement, footnote and MD&A preparation
- Advanced ability to research technical accounting issues and communicate findings
- Experience with interpreting and implementing new accounting standards
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills; ability to analyze and clearly communicate complex financial information; ability to interact will levels of management across the business
- CPA with 8+ years combined work experience in public accounting (prefer Big 4) combined with corporate financial reporting.
- Recent involvement with financial statement preparation and SEC filings
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Finance or Accounting
- 6-8 years’ experience