Back to Results
Senior Internal Auditor
Location: Reston Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
HireStrategy is looking for a Senior Internal Auditor for their client!
- Show a solid knowledge of internal control ideas and apply them to perform and report on the evaluation of various business processes, areas, or functions.
- Take charge, self-confidence to interact with all ranks, set and meet objectives, and work independently.
- Gather and assist with analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating audit documentation and data, while demonstrating a keen attention to detail.
- Successfully balance multiple projects, often at the same time.
- Demonstrate increasing auditing knowledge and knowledge of Group Internal Audit methodology and professional audit standards (IIA) and concepts (COSO).
- Prepare and present effective written and oral communications.
- Complete effective and efficient interviews of auditees.
- Work in partnership with others to achieve team goals.
- Form effective working relationships with audit staff and other Company personnel.
- Increase confidence and respect of management and staff through traits such as integrity, professionalism, and positive attitude.
- Classify areas for process improvement or cost savings.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related areas.
- Certificated or is a candidate for Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor.
- No less than five years total experience, some in internal/external audit required, finance acceptable.
- Big 4 public accounting experience favored.
- Previous financial services industry background wanted.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of accounting theory; accounting and financial systems; and audit methodology, including planning, risks and controls, testing and sampling; and organizational theory and design.
- Strong background using data analytic software (e.g. Tableau).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Analytical and technical skills
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project management skills