Back to Results
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
We are working on an exciting Property Accountant job in New York, NY!
A leading NYC real estate firm is looking for its newest team member. If you are looking for a solid team to join to continue building your career, this position would be a great fit! Culture is extremely important, everyone checks their ego at the door and rolls up their sleeves!
Perks of the Property Accountant job in New York, NY:
- Beautiful office and amazing location!
- Great culture! CEO is extremely friendly and wants to hear from you!
- Extremely competitive Pay and Benefits
- Prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly and annual journal entries as needed working toward monthly close of US GAAP books
- Provide expertise on forecast and budget preparation with an emphasis on property real estate taxes, advisory fees, banking agent income, and other general & administrative accounts within the Accounting Team purview
- Analyze and investigate variances and provide feedback senior management
- Perform account analysis and reconciliations of various General Ledger Accounts
- Maintain accounting policies and procedures and ensure that procedures are applied consistently
- Execution of routine or ad hoc reporting
- Preparation and assisting with Monthly closing entries and Year-end closing
- Bachelor’s in Accounting degree required; CPA preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience working with Yardi or MRI
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with strong Excel skills
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship