Back to Results
Location: Reston Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
HireStrategy is looking for a staff accountant for their client in the Northern Virginia area!
- Understand underlying business and related processes as foundation for responsibilities.
- Prepare journal entries based on review of supporting reconciliations and schedules.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Process monthly bank activity journals related to line of credit, fees, and interest.
- Perform monthly bank statement reconciliations and maintain Cash Management sub-ledger for domestic accounts.
- Maintain Fixed Assets sub-ledger, including monthly FA additions, retirements, running/booking depreciation expense, and reconciliation to the GL.
- Maintain Prepaid Asset sub-ledger, including monthly additions, amortization, and reconciliation to the GL.
- Review AP reports and general ledger detail for coding discrepancies and perform re-classes as needed.
- Assist in the compilation of the month-end close package, including Balance Sheet and Income Statement fluctuation analysis and preparation of the executive slide deck.
- Perform ad hoc reviews and analysis, as needed.
- Maintain adequate internal controls within the accounting processes to ensure well documented, accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Provide backup and support for senior accountant and accounting manager, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or Business, with at least 3 years of experience in General Ledger accounting.
- Highly detail and deadline oriented with the ability to prioritize, focus and thrive in a high paced multi-tasking environment.