Back to Results
Location: Reston Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
HireStrategy is looking for a staff accountant for their client in Northern Virginia! The Staff Accountant provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts, and preparing financial statements.
- Balances cash daily and weekly.
- Maintains document retention files for all departments.
- Coordinates approval process of all accounts payable invoices via department heads.
- Coordinates and inputs payables, completes batch summary report balancing and submission for approval, verification, approval and posting.
- Processes all payables for imaging via MG Shared Services.
- Maintains open and paid vendor files.
- Coordinates new vendor setup.
- Reconciles vendor statements and handles payment complaints or discrepancies.
- Prepares daily deposits and cash reports and takes deposit to the bank.
- Reviews all expense reports for accuracy and proper expense disclosure and classification.
- Reports any variances.
- Works closely with AR/payroll clerk to assure the accuracy of payroll, billing and all corresponding journal entries.
- Performs monthly bank reconciliation for depository account.
- Makes month-end standard journal entries, including amortization of all prepaid assets.
- Reviews periodically during the month the general ledger for input accuracy and verifies that accounts have been reviewed for content.
- Completes cash reconciliation and intercompany balancing report.
- Reviews outstanding check log for possible abandoned checks.
- Maintains station current and expired contract files.
- Prepares month-end payroll journal entry balancing with media general intercompany entries.
- Runs all required month-end reports and files accordingly to document retention guidelines
- Puts together GL book each month with required backup and signatures.
- Prepares Use Tax Report on a monthly basis and maintains schedule of taxable use tax items.
- Prepares Accounts Receivable Report detailing all past dues and balancing GL to AR.
- Prepares month-end balance sheet review and reconciles any differences with BM.
- Prepares Month-End Capital Cash Flow and PPE Statement.
- Reconciles capital expenditures per COR’s.
- Experience with MG Shared Services.
- Experience with Accounts Receivable
- Experience with BM