Back to Results
Location: Reston Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
This position will be responsible for oversight and review of the U.S., foreign and consolidated income tax provisions for all Pattern Public and Private company entities.
- Oversight and review of worldwide income tax provision in accordance with ASC 740 and communicate key results to management and cross-functional teams with Pattern; including performing detailed review of material items, complex issues, and risk intensive areas.
- Oversight, drafting, and review of income tax footnote, disclosures, other quarterly close filings, and presentations of quarterly close results to management.
- Collaborate with Internal Audit on SOX compliance initiatives including control and process improvement, etc.
- Perform as lead on special ASC 740 related projects as requested by management including but not limited to M&A, special transactions, technical issues documentation, business process management, etc.
- Monitor existing and emerging tax accounting issues under ASC 740, and SEC regulations, including researching and quantifying any impact to the company’s financial statements.
- Liaise with and provide responses to internal and external auditors during the quarterly audit cycle; work with outside vendors and internal departments on tax technology development, improvement and implementation.
- Manage the corporate team of professionals and outside Vendors in all aspects of ASC 740 preparation, review, and reporting.
- Ability to research and communicate technical tax issues to Management, and prepare and maintain relevant and organized work papers and memorandum.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree and advanced ASC 740 courses are required. Special certifications and a MST would be a plus.
- The minimum of 12 years of ASC 740 tax provision experience in a National or Big Four public accounting firm, a Public Company corporate tax department, or ideally a combination of both.
- Possess advanced knowledge of ASC 740, ASC 718, ASC 740-10 tax accounting rules, and US Federal and state income tax rules.
- Advanced knowledge of international aspects for foreign subsidiaries related to ASC 740 for U.S. Public and Private companies.