Back to Results
Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
One of our top clients in the Media industry is looking for a motivated Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team in the DC metro area. They offer a great culture and opportunity for growth within the organization!
- Process invoices for 1099 employees (Independent Consultants).
- Process high volume of Accounts Payable invoices daily by coding to the ledger, matching and batching.
- Ensures all customer invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Researches transactions to and identifies discrepancies.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, with a broad range of vendors and customers
- Disburses petty cash by recording and verifying documentation
- Reconciles payments and expenditures, purchase orders, checks, and refunds
- Generates and distributes a variety of production reports to monitor productivity
- Actively participates in month end close processes and ensures deadlines are met
- Maintains effective control procedure for payments due from credit card companies to ensure payment is in line with the business agreement
- Assists with special projects as assigned by upper management
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business related preferred
- 2-5 years’ work experience in a fast paced accounting department
- Salesforce experience preferred or large ERP software, High-level Excel, Powerpoint and Google Doc skills.
- Great communication skills and attention to detail.