Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
This Hirestrategy client is a fast paced, fast growing clean technology manufacturer (approximately 300M in Revenue) seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to fill its Controller position. The Controller will oversee the accounting operations of the company. This company is located in Washington DC.
- Enhance and maintain internal controls.
- Work with production manager to enhance effective workflow.
- Oversee the financial activities in the factory. Implement inventory control, maintain accurate inventory.
- Monitor production schedule and inventory level to enhance effective purchase planning.
- Oversee accounts payable, ensure accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices.
- Review account coding to ensure accurate recording of expenses/expenditure.
- Oversee monthly closing, ensure work orders are accurate, up to date and complete.
- Maintain accurate GL account balances. Perform account analysis.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and quarterly financial statements. - Prepare weekly labor report and weekly production report.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Accounting is required.
- CPA Required.
- A minimum 5 years of working experience.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing accounting.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Working knowledge of SAP is a plus.