Back to Results
Revenue Accountant ASC 606
Location: Washington DC Region
Employment Type: Contract
Our client is the global leader in experience management software that combines content management, commerce, and customer insights.
- Analyze fair value of offerings in accordance with ASC 605 and assist with implementation of ASC 606.
- Prepare deal review packages for top deals.
- Assist in Sales Order quality control and work with Order Management team to ensure accuracy of order processing and to identify revenue risks.
- Merge revenue arrangements from multi-year orders into combined deals.
- Review revenue arrangements in NetSuite to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards. Periodically review NetSuite item master to ensure accounting attributes accurately set up on newly created items.
- Own revenue month-end close process: prepare revenue journal entries, prepare deferred revenue reconciliation, unbilled accounts receivable reconciliation, partner commission reconciliation, prepare revenue by product report and deferred revenue by product waterfall report, and carve-out reports, prepare monthly royalty reports.
- Update percentage of completion on project records in NetSuite. Collaborate with professional services team to ensure accuracy of percentage completion information.
- Assist in process improvement and automation projects.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting requests: create saved searches and reports in NetSuite as needed.
- Prepare support packages and reports for annual audit.
- BS/BA in Finance or related area
- 3-4 years of revenue accounting experience in software industry, with a background in a Big 4 public accounting firm preferred
- CPA highly preferred
- Knowledge and experience in application of ASC 605
- Data-driven mindset and passion for analytics and research
- Ability to learn and utilize ERP systems and in-house developed systems. Experience with Netsuite is a plus.
- Strong Excel skills and Power Pivot skills needed for VSOE analyses
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and timely adherence to deadlines
- Strong team player, capable of dealing with complex issues
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Ability to adapt to changing processes and follow them, as well as suggest changes where needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to compose effective and accurate correspondence cross-functionally with various internal and external stakeholders
Compensation: $65-95,000 (based on experience)