Back to Results
Location: Reston Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
The successful candidate will have line of sight over all accounting as it relates to the location in Washington DC. This position will report directly to the Assistant Controller but occasionally work under the direction of thee Executive Director. The Senior Accountant will ensure transactions are properly stated and documented with auditable support.
We are looking for someone who is honest, hard-working, detail oriented, possess critical thinking and analytical skills. This candidate is ready for a challenge and is able to interact with all levels of management daily. Candidate must be focused, intelligent, flexible and able to work in a fast-growing company.
- Responsible for accounting for revenue flowing
- Will need the ability to work with multiple departments documenting business requirements and workflow of integrations identifying specific accounting policies related to each.
- Oversee the order of cash lifecycle including reconciliations of cash to determine that all revenue is booked in the proper period.
- This individual will be responsible for overseeing individuals currently working in our donor services department to ensure proper accounting across all development revenue streams including revenue from our event management software .
- Full understanding of our ticketing software to ensure reconciliation of Memberships, Donations, Ticketing and Retail revenue items.
- Oversee the reconciliation of daily settlement reports
- Assist in the monthly close.
- Assist in ad hoc finance and accounting related projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (CPA preferred)
- 4+ years total experience since graduation
- Software (NetSuite) industry experience highly preferred
- Big 4 or National Firm experience preferred
- Knowledge of NetSuite or another accounting system is a plus
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office software
- The ability to quickly learn technical guidance and apply to internal processes
- Proven experience working on a team under pressure to meet deadlines
- Sales tax (Avatax) experience preferred.