Back to Results
Staff Accountant - Accounts Payable
Location: Reston Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
This full-time position offers a wide array of responsibilities for an organized team player with a positive attitude and the ability to multi-task and interact with all firm personnel in a professional environment. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who possesses good judgment, strong attention to detail, diplomacy in handling complex situations and the ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at the highest levels. Must also work well under pressure to meet deadlines and challenges no matter how great or small.
- Qualified candidates must operate across a broad spectrum of accounts payable and project-based responsibilities with the ability to build relationships among lawyers and staff to achieve results with a customer service attitude.
- Accounting Clerk Experience/Skills Requirements: 3+ years of handling routine and moderately complex accounting tasks such as: vendor invoice coding, entry, and balancing of data entry batches; maintaining files and check registers; research and verification of various vendor statements and invoices.
- Experience with third party vendors, including vendor set-up and tracking.
- Extensive reconciliation and spreadsheet skills.
- The ability to meet strict deadlines and apply disciplines of internal controls.
- Law firm (and/or professional business) experience a plus.
- Computer Skills Requirements: Accounts Payable and Receivable programs, MS Office 2010 programs (Excel, Word, Outlook), Adobe and other database programs. Legal Billing software a plus.