Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Large Financial Services firm located in the Washington, DC area is currently looking for a Staff Accountant to join their team on a contract-to-hire basis! The Staff Accountant will have a minimum of two years of General Ledger accounting experience and heavy exposure to the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable function. The Staff Accountant will work closely with Senior Management and assist with overseeing the accounting duties. The ideal candidate must have intermediate level MS Excel skills including pivots and VLOOKUP’s and have experience with accounting ERP systems. A Staff Accountant with a sharp personality is a plus as you will be interacting directly with clients and senior management.
- Maintain the full life cycle of accounts payable and receivable
- Work on the month end close process as required by the Client
- Reconcile revenue report with cash receipts.
- Prepare, analyze and cross check revenue received with Clients detail report.
- Assists in the preparation of annual audit.
- Prepare and finalize all journal entries and reconciliations
- Provide financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Assist the Controller and Chief Financial Officer with various projects as needed.
- Additional duties will be assigned at start
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent (Business Administration and Economics)
- Minimum of two years General Ledger and reconciliation accounting experience.
- Must have a strong grasp of Accounts Receivable/Collections.
- Ability to understand and analyze balance sheets and transactional information
- Understand of GAAP and IFRS
- Experience assisting with the month-end close.
- Intermediate Excel skills (pivots/VLOOKUP’s).
- Strong communication skills.
- NetSuite experience is a plus
- CPA; or Pursuing CPA is a plus