Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client is a well-known Non-Profit in the Washington, DC metro area and they are looking for a mid-level Staff Accountant to join their team!
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements which include the statement of financial position, statement of activities and other analysis.
- Prepare quarterly statement of cash flows.
- Perform accounting research as warranted.
- Prepare and maintain required internal and external financial reports and Board presentations including associated analysis and documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of footnotes and disclosures for internal and external
reporting. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BS in Accounting with 3 or more years accounting experience Public Accounting experience a plus
- A technical foundation in accounting with understanding and knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP)
- Not-for-profit accounting exposure required
- The ability to communicate with all levels of management and a basic understanding of the other functional Issues and problems related to the other disciplines
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and methods associate with accounting and financial management.
- Ability to understand audit and business risks and factor this into the creation of business strategies.
- Ability to communicate using professional standards, legal references or information based on services of clients’ needs as well as the ability to produce examples of effective business writing
- Ability to successfully manage a number of different projects and conflicting deadlines and interest.
- The ability to express ideas clearly in writing or in making informative presentations.
- Skilled in using technological tools including PeopleSoft, Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point