Back to Results
Location: Boston Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract
Our client located in Woburn, MA has an immediate need for driven individuals to join their team. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities that the successful candidate will possess and perform on a daily basis. The Staff Accountant is responsible for contributing to the completion of month end close, audit related and process improvement activities as well as ad hoc special projects as assigned by Management.
- Participate in month-end close activities and ensure compliance with monthly close calendar in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules for assigned general ledger accounts in a thoughtful, easy to understand manner.
- Manage fixed asset and prepaid ledgers in addition to bank reconciliations and accruals
- Perform general ledger account and variance analysis at request of management.
- Ensure integrity of the financials at both subsidiary and consolidated levels.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements – balance sheet, P&L.
- Back up to other team members, as needed, and provide cross-training to other team members on assigned areas.
- Proactively identify issues causing inefficiencies and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes, including cross accounting system integration and automation.
- Assist in annual audit and prepare audit schedules as necessary.
- Complete special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 1-2 years of previous experience
- Strong Excel skills.