Back to Results
Location: Houston Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
- The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- This individual is accountable for the following systems:
- Windows server environment that support GIS infrastructure including Petra, ArcGIS, and Landmark GIS/ArcGIS Land – all are a major plus, if they don’t have these, need to have supported other O+G apps.
- Windows and Application systems that support Cygnet.
- Optimize RDWeb published applications and general server maintenance on existing and future infrastructure.
- Dell EqualLogic SAN, VMWare and SQL experience are a must.
- Understanding of Cisco network systems and Dell SonicWALL firewalls.
- Windows shop
- 150+ end users
- 14- 15 servers; 3 physical servers: VMWare/virtualized environment
- Servers 2012 R2
- Responsibilities on these systems include maintaining vendor relationships operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure optimal system performance.
SA Engineering and Provisioning
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support when needed as part of a team environment.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted business units.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.