Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client is seeking a Web Director to lead a development and creative team.
- Oversee several software engineering feature teams
- Collaborate with feature teams and other leaders to ensure success of strategic business projects
- Constantly iterate on and improve the development process
- Deliver clear vision, direction, and standards for the engineering organization and ensure their compliance.
- Fosters and maintains close working relationships with the Product, QA, and UX departments.
- Provide career development, coaching and performance management for engineers, team leads and engineering managers
- Participate in phone screening and interview process to bring new talent in to the engineering organization
- Help reinforce a great engineering culture at Web.com
- Ensure process and standards compliance, design and implementation quality and participate in the development and evolution of same.
- Work on issues that impact development success or address future concepts, products or technologies.
- Establish transparency by broadly communicating architecture and strategy goals and ensuring compliance.
- Conduct regular 1:1s. Provide useful feedback to your direct reports, peers, managers, and others in the company.
- Clearly communicate the business goals to the engineers and keep them front and center. Ensure engineering is always adding business value. Communicate engineering tactics to the business side.
- Adroitly prioritize tech-debt pay-down projects as well as larger strategic initiatives (versioned deployments, deployment frequency).
- Motivating and inspiring your teams to excel in all aspects of engineering
- BSCS or equivalent and 8+ years in a comparable role defining and developing beautifully simple software
- A MINIMUM of 5+ years of experience directly managing, mentoring and hiring Software Engineers
- Previous experience managing full-stack development teams developing modern interactive web applications with demonstrated hands-on experience
- You can spot and attract amazing talent and have a passion for being a mentor
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and to execute, set and define solid goals
- Problem solver with a mindfulness of ease of use and simplicity
- Experience working with large-scale production systems, data platforms / warehouses
- Knowledge of industry best practices using object oriented design and design patterns, being mindful of sustainability and supportability in everything you do
- Able to bring clarity to problems through structured thinking and effective communication