Back to Results
Associate Systems Engineer/Virtualization
Location: Reston Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client is a high growth cloud services provider based in Loudoun County. They are seeking an Associate Systems Engineer for an immediate direct hire role with competitive compensation and outstanding benefits.
You will be directly involved in the support and maintenance of their end clients' cloud and colocation solutions. This position will serve as a second-line support for enterprise level customers, troubleshoot various issues with networking and Linux and Windows servers, troubleshoot issues encountered by customers, technicians, and escalate tickets to various vendors and engineers as necessary. The Associate Systems Engineer will also be responsible for deploying and maintaining back-end infrastructure under supervision by the leadership of Engineering/Operations.
- Monitor ticketing system and respond to customers, troubleshooting and escalating issues to appropriate engineers as necessary.
- Maintain schedule of enterprise backup jobs, ensuring backups are functioning properly. Configure and deploy backup infrastructure for new and existing customers.
- Administer Active Directory Users, Computers & Groups for internal employees and customers. Execute onboarding tasks for new employees including user account creation, system access, and computer setup.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for standard operating procedures, manuals, and reporting.
- Assist System Engineers with VMware administration, maintenance, and monthly reporting. Assist customers with tasks such as deploying VMs, resource modifications, recovering files and VMs, and other tasks as necessary.
- Assist Network Engineers with networking tasks such as troubleshooting Sophos UTM firewalls, VPN tunneling, and IP address management.
- Assist other engineers by providing after-hours support as part of an on-call rotation
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-4 years of experience, preferably with an Associates or Bachelors degree in a related field. Appropriate vendor certifications can suffice for this requirement.
- Working knowledge of Windows 2008/2012 administration & Active Directory, Linux administration, DNS, SSH, and RDP.
- Experience with managing enterprise backup and replication solutions
- Demonstrable knowledge of VMware including VM deployment, storage configuration, performance optimization, and troubleshooting
- Experience with any of the following technologies is recommended, but not essential: Cisco UCS, Nimble Storage, Zerto Virtual Replication, Veeam Backup, and Sophos UTM
- Experience in networking and firewalls would be a plus