Back to Results
Location: Reston Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client in Loudoun County has an immediate permanent role available with competitive salary and outstanding benefits.
As a Network Engineer on the Cloud Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for building and managing the global network infrastructure that is the foundation of all our services. The successful candidate will be able to understand and drive solid requirements and then use those to deploy, configure, test, and activate networks. Excellent cross-team collaboration, technical skills, and clear communications are required.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience, preferably with a Bachelor's degree in a related field. The successful candidate will also have:
- Deploy and maintain networks based on business and technical requirements.
- Contribute to the advancement and continual improvement of the overall network architecture.
- Partner with Cloud Infrastructure team members to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner and are of high quality.
- Take a role in the engagement and mitigation of outage causing events or issues.
- Perform non-critical investigations into functionality issues.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate with multiple parties during an incident.
- Review consult and prepare for planned change introduction to production environment.
- Partner with teams to plan and execute software code upgrades and device maintenance.
- Quickly integrate into the environment and be able to take on incidents tickets.
- Take on deployment projects and deliver them in a timely manner.
- Partner with customers to solve issues on the network.
- Participation in on-call rotation for Engineering Team.
- Experience deploying and maintaining highly resilient and scalable distributed LAN and WAN network architecture.
- Experience integrating networks with Cisco UCS Blade system.
- Experience with Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, and ASR networking equipment required.
- A solid understanding and experience with most of the following network technologies: 802.1q, HSRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, NAT, ACLs, IPSEC, and SNMP. Knowledge of VRF and VDC strongly desired.
- Deep, hands-on experience with TCP/IP and routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP and OSPF).
- Cisco CCNP Router and Switch certification is required.
- Cisco Data Center certifications is a plus.
- Experience with a hosting service provider environment is a plus.
- Experience with Sophos UTMs is a plus