Back to Results
.NET - Sr Developer (VB.NET)
Location: Chicago Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract
Our client provides custom-tailored solutions for managing end to end print production and order fulfillment. Our goal is to enhance the flexibility and control of our clients by leveraging technological solutions for the distribution and production of personalized or targeted communications.
The role of Lead Application Developer is to develop, support and maintain various software applications and related databases to support the company’s services and operations. Applications may include but not limited to shopping cart websites, inventory website, and Windows services and executables for data processing automation. Developers work independently or as part of a small team to develop new systems or enhance existing ones. Direction is provided by technical architects or project managers to complete functionality assigned for development.
- Coding: Develop code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and install moderately complex software programs. Applies structured programming techniques and adhere to coding standards. Use knowledge of available utilities to simplify tasks. Apply structured programming techniques and adheres to coding standards, although some deviation from the standards may be expected for particular development efforts. Participates in code walk throughs.
- Produce coding which meets functional specifications accurately and with an appropriate level of robustness to handle errors and unexpected content. Code will be self-documented, clearly organized, structured and reusable.
- Analysis/Design: Analyze moderately complex technical requirements and make determinations for modifications of existing computer programs/modules or if new programs/modules need to be developed for a specific application, system, and/or database. Independently analyze and document test results to ensure that programs are meeting the technical requirements. Partner with designers to update technical requirements documentation and make recommendations for re-design and/or re-coding of programs that do meet desired specifications.
- Technical Support: Researches and resolves moderately complex programming issues with immediate short-term solutions.
- Communication: Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management. Develops and maintains program, systems and user documentation.
- Planning: Prepare time estimates for assigned tasks. Attends post-implementation reviews.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations.
- Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
- Experience or knowledge in software development with Microsoft .NET and SQL Server technologies.
- Exposure to Telerik RAD tools is a nice to have.
- Exposure to software development life cycle.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications.