Back to Results
JD Edwards Business Analyst
Location: Dallas Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
JD Edwards Business Analyst
- Provide support for end-users and assist SMEs with researching issues.
- Coordinate with IT to resolve system issues and bugs.
- Identify training needs and then design, develop, manage and facilitate training curriculum.
- Develops test plans and scripts.
- Coordinates and performs testing while ensuring proper documentation.
- Perform all activities associated with business requirement collection, including documenting project’s vision and scope, requirements definition, development of design documents, and coordination with development and operations through project completion.
- Manage system changes to baseline requirements through effective application of system change control processes. (collect, track, review and prioritize)
- Ensure consistency, accuracy and quality of all end user documentation.
- Evaluate, ensure and report system utilization.
- Communicate status to project stakeholders and manager.
- Actively participate in monthly group status meetings, weekly conference calls and response to identified issues.
- Attend various operations task team meetings to better understand functional group needs.
- Manage an effective environment for responding to customer inquiries or problems via telephone, online networks and mail.
- Provide initial specifications and delivery documentation for software design and code modules.
- Provide support and consultation to business unit task teams and end users for business applications.
- Participate in vendor (Oracle) conferences, webcasts and user group communities.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of JD Edwards Business Analyst experience or Programmer/Analyst experience.
- Extensive knowledge with specified module of JD Edwards. (Job Cost, Procurement, Project Management, Equipment, Inventory, Financials)
- JDE Consultant Certification a plus.
- Good understanding of Internet technologies and trends including services, software and protocols.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interview individuals and groups about their needs, negotiate priorities and resolve conflicts.
- Able to develop and facilitate end-user training and testing.
- Able to critically evaluate and integrate information gathered from multiple sources to prioritize and summarize true needs at appropriate levels of detail.
- Observational skills to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for discovery.
- Able to coordinate and communicate information effectively to project stakeholders and management.
- Organizational skills to work with the vast array of information gathering during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information.
- Able to manage multiple deadlines in a timely manner, prioritize multiple projects and provide status reports on open projects.
- Able to coordinate with IT functional groups to ensure projects meet schedules.
- Successfully maintain project management knowledge areas including Communications, Risk, Quality, Time management, Cost management, Procurement, Scope Integration, Change, and Scheduling.
- Word processing, spreadsheet, internet, e-mail, diagram, scheduling, database and report writing software; server and workstation operating systems.
- Able to travel intermittently, up to 25% of the time.
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, it values, and the employees while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.