Back to Results
Network Services Manager
Location: Washington DC Region
Employment Type: Direct Hire
The Network Services Manager position is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and managing the activities of the Network Services section of the Information Technology Department.
- Provide day-to-day management of the Network Services teams; responsible for system administration, capacity, and availability management.
- Contribute to the development of the network systems' development strategy. Assess and recommend selection of technology packages to meet all or parts of specified requirements. Provide input to cost benefit analyses, risk analyses, and development plans to take account of design decisions.
- Provide data center network architecture and design.
- Manage wireless systems, including mesh environment.
- Ensure environment supports all users by assuring its stability and performance. Architect highly available systems and components.
- Select technologies to provide for the management and support of the network environment, relevant cross-platform standards, and their implications.
- Provide innovative ways to incorporate new technology into the enterprise to produce enhanced value to existing business practices.
- Meet regularly with key business stakeholders to understand business needs and ensure that defined corporate information standards are enforced.
- Establish active vendor relationships to ensure that emerging technology solutions are appropriate, cost-effective, and reliable services.
- Manage key vendor relationships and contracts.
- Develop annual capital and expense budgets, as well as ongoing stewardship, to ensure appropriate utilization of company resources.
- Define, communicate, and ensure the performance expectations of staff. Adjust workloads as necessary and take necessary action when performance expectations are not met.
- Ensure standards and best practices of technology-based solutions for information management are defined, communicated, and enforced
- Minimum 12+ years' experience in a large global network environments.
- BS Computer Science/Information Systems required
- Cisco CCNP required
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer required
- VMWare Certification preferred
- Strong grasp of networking concepts, implementation and management of network management tools.
- Understand Internet usage reports tools to mitigate non-productive behaviors over the WAN.
- Proven successful experience in overseeing the direction, architecture, design, configuration, implementation, monitoring, and ongoing support of WANs and LANs. Understand SIEMs.
- Comprehend IP address subnetting. Understand and administer public IP space.
- Working knowledge of network monitoring fabric.
- Working knowledge of hand-held network troubleshooting tool.
- Strong knowledge of VPN technology.
- Knowledge of wireless guest authentication systems.
- Experience in information security operations.
- Strong project management skills and experience involving complex, high-visibility projects.
- Experience in network Quality of Service.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish customer and staff relationships at all levels.
- Strong teamwork qualities to coordinate with multiple teams and across departments, complete projects, resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Expertise in molding and implementing standard systems management practices, such as ITIL.