Back to Results
Operations Analyst 1
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract
We are looking for an entry level operations analyst in the Madison Wisconsin area. This role is a 6 month contract with a very reputable company in the IT industry. The Operations Analysts provide 24/7 coverage of the Network Operations Center and play a fundamental role in ensuring we meet or exceed the expectations of all clients as defined in our service level agreements. Analysts apply the necessary technical breadth to providing top level technical support services and operational leadership, including problem resolution, and technical change implementation for Managed Services clients. We are seeking analysts who are smart, hardworking individuals with top level experience and enjoy working on highly visible, technically challenging service offerings. They are high caliber, well rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, with exceptional customer service and communication skills.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Understand and Deliver Managed Service offerings as outlined in the our Service Descriptions and Service Catalog
- Understand and follow the processes and procedures defined in our Standard Operating Procedures manual (SOP).
- Primarily responsible for providing top-level technical support, including problem resolution, technical change implementation, telephone and one-on-one technical support within defined service level agreements for clients.
- Provide detailed and effective communication to internal and external customers
- Clearly and concisely articulate problems and solutions for issues to clients both over the phone, via e-mail and in person.
- Provide 24 X 7 support to critical systems and ensure availability objectives are met.
- Provide alert response as well as email and telephone technical support for data center and managed services clients
- Take ownership of the incident/request and drive it to resolution
- Document and track troubleshooting steps, incident solutions and support requests
- Keep clients informed throughout the process and follow up with them to ensure satisfactory resolution
- Guide and mentor less experienced teammates by providing technical support, training, and direction
- Document and record time
- As an Operations Analyst I provide Entry Level technical services with supervision from Supervisors, Team Leads, and Technology Owners
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with supervision.
- Handles several tasks simultaneously (ie: troubleshoots and develops internal network, responds to emergencies).
- Communicates with Manager all events that are not anticipated (new product requirements, equipment failure, design changes, schedule changes).
- Responds to all customers professionally and courteously and relays any customer questions or concerns to manager.
- Assist in creating and documenting policies and procedures.
- Understand SLAs in a production environment and proactively strive to meet the commitments.
- Provide support to Service Account Managers, Situation Managers, Project Managers and product developers.
- Review assigned service requests daily, following up and providing status updates to clients; ensure data pertaining to the status of service requests is entered into the problem tracking systems accurately and promptly to provide an up-to-date picture of service delivery status and backlog.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable.
- Associate’s degree in a computer-related field, plus one year of experience in a relevant technical role, OR
- If no post-secondary degree, a minimum 2 years in a technical support or systems administration role maintaining high service levels in a demanding environment
Other Required Qualifications:
- Capable of resolving critical issues in a time sensitive manner, cognizant of requisite service levels.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the customers while meeting deadlines.
- Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform intermediate root cause analysis.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Customer Service focused and a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to consistently follow policies and procedures.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all coworkers and stakeholders, in including senior leadership.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment.
- Must know when to ask for assistance. Must be approachable, teachable, a team player with a strong desire to continue learning and expanding their experience in a highly evolving technical environment.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to meet rigid and urgent assignment schedules.
Shift hours and training schedule: 2, 2, 3 Schedule, 6pm – 6am. Three-week training schedule, M-F, First two weeks on 1st shift, third on 3rd shift