Location: Nashville Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
This position is responsible for maintaining 24x7x365 networking environments. The Sr. Network Engineer designs, builds and operates the networks. Provisions networks per organization’s standards. Monitors daily operations of networks and associated devices for availability and performance. Develops and maintains operational documentation. Responds to network alerts, investigates and recovers hardware and circuit failures. Is responsible for the identification and resolution of service-level problems and the identification and support of mission-critical tasks. Has communication with technical support groups, customer support centers, and vendors.
· Additional Hiring Requirements:
· Commitment to excellent customer service.
· Proven ability to manage own work and meet deadlines.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Ability to work in cross-functional project teams.
· Mathematical, analytical and statistical aptitude.
· Preferred knowledge of health care industry.
· Interpersonal and problem solving skills are required.
· Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written.
· Active listening skills are required.
· Core Platform Specific Requirements
· 5+ years of hands-on network engineer
· Citrix Netscaler load balancing.
· Detailed knowledge of Cisco IOS, Nexus line, 1000v and ASA.
· Detailed knowledge of Cisco and Meraki branch network hardware, with a detailed understanding of wireless networking.
· Expertise in Cisco industry best practices, including security best practices.
· 5+ years designing, building and operating medium to large enterprise networks.
· Strong understanding of internal and external routing protocols and best practices.
· Expertise and detailed knowledge of IP and Ethernet.
· Expertise and detailed knowledge of WAN and MAN technologies.
· Expertise and detailed knowledge of network protocols and functions; IPSEC, HSRP, 802.11, QoS, WCCP, VPN, GRE, NAT, PKI, SNMP, RADIUS and others.
· Detailed understanding of DNS and DHCP.
· Proven track record of expert systematic troubleshooting skills.
· Detailed knowledge of packet capture and examination tools, advanced knowledge of at least one tool.
· Knowledge of Category 5/6/7 copper cabling along with various Fiber interface/specifications.
· Solid understanding of the OSI model.
· Working knowledge of Windows and UNIX operating systems.
· Working knowledge of SAN and NAS technologies.