Back to Results
Technical Project Specialist
Location: Nashville Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
The Technical Project Specialist role is to ensure proper IT operation projects are completed providing best in class support for the operating business. This includes managing projects and executing tasks. Receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Strategy & Planning
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Lead business projects representing the IT department to include; acquisitions, office moves, office consolidations and other projects needing IT support
- Execute and assist with performing PC, hardware, software, network and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs including imaging systems and basic networking.
- Aid in development of IT processes to improve support and technology for operations
- Support day-to-day execution of project implementations. Assists with the planning, tracking, documentation and status updates for the project
- Prepare and maintain project documentation, including meeting notes, status reports, and change management and client approval documents
- Coordinate project personnel and activities including planning, scheduling and assignment of work
- Monitor and manage resources using existing task assignment and prioritization tools.
- Hold or support regular team meetings to manage schedules, obtain updates, discuss issues, prioritize tasks and resolve problems with the project
- Prepare and present regular progress reports to project stakeholders.
- Interact with multifunctional teams on a daily basis
- Successfully and productively facilitate meetings across multiple departments
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone, walk-up and e-mail in a courteous manner utilizing the organizations standard tracking system.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Install anti-virus software.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
Formal Education and Certifications
- College diploma or technical school completion in the field of computer science and/or 1 year equivalent work experience.
- Preferred Certifications in CompTIA A+ or Microsoft tracks but not required.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including functionality and interworking’s of the components.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 7, 8 and 10, Server 2008 and basic Active Directory Management.
- Extensive application support experience with browser support and client server applications.
- Cisco Meraki, Mobility support; Cell phones, broadband, LTE technology
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including native windows tools, ping, nslookup, msconfig, event logs and system restore.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Company Travel up to 50% across the U.S.
- Possible short notice travel
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Why Choose Addison Group?
A leading provider of professional staffing and search services, Addison Group distinguishes itself through exceptional delivery, specialized knowledge and strong relationships. Addison enables ideal connections between talented professionals and dynamic businesses. National practice areas include Administrative & HR; Engineering; Finance & Accounting Contract; Finance & Accounting Executive Search; Financial Services; Healthcare and Information Technology. Addison is an Inavero’s 2012 Best of Staffing winner for both Client and Candidate service. www.addisongroup.com