Back to Results
IT Security Engineer Team Lead
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
JOB TITLE: IT Security Engineer Team Lead
LOCATION: Jersey City
- Responsible for engineering, implementation, configuration and administration of IT Security for the companies network, applications and systems.
- Monitor and update the systems and controls as required and monitor all systems for violations of security policy and take necessary remedial actions to prevent further violations.
- Responsible for installing, configuring and supporting the security monitoring and compliance systems.
- Management of the IT Security Operations area and hands on management of all IT Security
- Creating and implementing Information Security Policy/Procedures.
- Engineer and install, configures and administers IT Security technologies intended to protect digital assets from internal and external threats.
- Responds to Information Security incidents.
- Responsibility for and management of all access management and authentication systems including Site Minder and Safe Word.
- Monitor IPS/IDS on a daily basis for suspicious behavior and escalate appropriately.
- Lead the planning and implementation processes of a comprehensive information security program;
- Establish annual and long-range security goals; define security strategies, metrics, and reporting mechanisms;
- Provide hands-on technology support for all existing or new technologies assigned
- Develop, implement, and administer technical security standards and tools to address and mitigate security risk;
- 7+ years of relevant IT security experience, preferably as an IT Security Lead, Manager, or other similar role;
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Science, Computer Science or equivalent work experience;
- Relevant professional certification(s) (e.g., CISM, CISSP) preferred;
- Firewall Configuration and Monitoring;
- Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention System;
- Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) System;
- Microsoft Windows, Active Directory; Basic working knowledge of Red Hat Linux and Windows Operating Systems;
- Routing and Basic Networking, VPNs, and VLANs;
- Log Collection and Analysis; and Nessus Vulnerability Scanning; Phishing Test Management Palo Alto NGFW and IDS/IPS management experience preferred;
- Two Factor Authentication
- Endpoint protection (experience with Symantec or Malwarebytes)
- Single Sign On (experience with CA SSO is a plus); and Management of Managed Security Service Providers.