Back to Results
Location: Houston Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
- Participate in the design and integration of systems to provide a stable and cost-effective platform for Information Technology services. May act as Subject Matter Expert for some Linux or Microsoft based server OS technologies.
- Provide intermediate to advanced advice in the area of servers, server high availability, server security, virtualization, and operating systems technology.
- Practice and verify consistent application of policies, standards and procedures for servers, operating systems, and other hardware/software support within assigned team.
- Provide support to technical Information Technology teams and may lead troubleshooting efforts. Participate in root cause analysis, problem isolation, and resolution.
- Act as technical resource in projects and initiatives as assigned by manager.
- Create and maintain documentation related to area of responsibilities.
- Adhere to and propose improvements to processes and tools required to execute regular operational activities and life-cycle management of systems.
- Technical day-to-day operational management and support of enterprise server and storage environments.
- Participate in 24X7 on-call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline; an equivalent combination of education, certifications and related work experience may be considered.
- At least five (5) years’ experience managing and monitoring Hadoop Clusters.
- 5+ years of experience in deploying and administering Hadoop Clusters.
- Previous experience in production support for enterprise-grade systems/applications.
- Proven real-world experience in managing YARN, Hive, Spark and HBase to effectively support a multi-tenants and multi-workloads cluster.
- Experience in building and managing secured Hadoop cluster.
- Experience in building and managing Hadoop cluster for HA (high availability).
- Experience in troubleshooting and performance tuning Hadoop Clusters.
- Experience in building enterprise-grade configuration and release management infrastructure to manage Hadoop cluster(s) at scale.
- Well versed in the best practices of configuration and release management with proved record to establish repeatable process.
- Skilled in Linux scripting, Java, and/or Python.
- Well versed in network and server technologies that are crucial to support Hadoop cluster at scale.
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, analyze possible solutions, and determine best course of action to resolve.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Experience working in cross-functional, multi-location teams.