Back to Results
INF - Voice and Network Engineer
Location: Chicago Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract
This position will lead and have accountability for voice operations and strategy. Ensuring a high level of customer support is in place and that the client has the right solutions in place to support the business, our sales department and customer call centers. This position will have oversight into design and implementation, and system monitoring and maintenance.
- Provide input into strategy and solution for voice platform.
- Accountable for Voice service delivery.
- Hands on troubleshooting technical problems in a thorough and efficient manner, both over the phone and in person. Issues include TDM and digital circuits, server system and phone system issues, as well as issues with hardware, software, and networks.
- Provide support to internal and external customers by identifying and resolving technical issues.
- Phone System management including design, installation, patching, and monitoring.
- Evaluate current telecom, network and system infrastructure; recommend and implement solutions that enhances future reliability, security, productivity and efficiency of the Telecom and system infrastructure.
- Develop, implement and maintain processes for ongoing operations, administration and monitoring of Telecom, network and phone systems. Build policy around support practices, and train others in the support group on their exercise.
- Develop, implement and maintain technical standards for Telecom, network and phone systems.
- Provide third and fourth tier support for the efficient resolution of Telecom, network and phone system related incidents, service requests and update service desk management systems accordingly.
Do you qualify?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 6-7 years' experience in telecom administration.
- Experience with Lync Enterprise voice
- Experience with SIP, TDM and digital phone circuits.
- Experience with digital and analog handsets.
- Experience with IP networks, and Microsoft servers supporting a VoIP installation.
- Ability to communicate effectively, maintain cooperative effective working relationships within company, and support a team environment.
- Ability to your own time to meet department goals and deadlines.
- Preferred: Experience with Lync as a telecom solution.