Back to Results
Location: Reston Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
This HireStrategy client based in Tysons Corner is seeking a Direct Hire Tier 2 Desktop Support Specialist with 7+ years of experience.
- Position will work individually and as part of a team to deliver end user support in an enterprise setting. Works across a comprehensive range of technologies and liaises across numerous areas of the business to support instances, difficulties and requirements.
- Recognize, record and settle technical glitches with software applications or network
- Keep an eye on security including virus, malware, and spam defense
- Execute installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user
workstation hardware, software, and peripheral appliances.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component
inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts and access rights.
- Identify potential changes and system improvements for consideration and
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with
- Make, conserve, and issue progress reports to management as necessary
- 2-year college degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work
- MCP, CCNA, Network+
- Experience with IT support ticketing systems – Remedy, TrackIT, OTRS, etc.
- Minimum of 5 year experience as a Desktop Support Specialist in a mixed
- Active Directory, Exchange 2010/2016, account provisioning and management
- Hands-on experience with imaging and supporting Windows 7/10 desktop/laptop PCs
- Hands-on experience deploying VoIP phones and call center applications
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.