Back to Results
Location: Reston Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
This HireStrategy client has an urgent need for a Full-time Direct Hire Network Engineer in the McLean, VA area.
The Senior Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stable operation of the client's
network infrastructure. Position will work individually and as part of a team responsible for planning, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Configure and setup Cisco ASA Firewalls, IDS/IPS and other security appliances for
access to vital business applications
- Configure and manage MPLS, IPSEC VPN tunnels and other WAN technologies
- Design, setup and configure complex switching and routing environments using Cisco
- Design, setup and configure secure Cisco wireless networking solutions
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local and Wide Area Networking concepts &
- Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component
inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
- Monitor and test network performance and up-time, and provide network performance
statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure
awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Provide Level 2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve network & end-user issues
- Four-year college degree in the field of computer science and/or 7 years equivalent work experience.
- Preferred Certifications: CCNA, CCNP
- Experience in one or more of the following: IP Routing and Services, BGP, OSPF,
Layer-2 switching technologies and related WAN technologies like MPLS, T1,T3 OC3
and other WAN Technologies
- Cisco Routing and switching platforms like Catalyst 3800/4500/6500 and Nexus
- Knowledge of Cisco IP technologies like QoS, ACLs, Multicast, Security, etc. DDOS
and traffic mitigation techniques
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure monitoring tools such as Nagios and Solarwinds
- Knowledge of Cisco VoIP implementation and support