Back to Results
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Vice President(s) - IT Product & Strategy
New York, NY
The Product Analyst role is on Product team within the Information Technology department. The Product Analyst will work closely with the Product Manager and development team to create solutions that meet the needs of our clients and Investments professionals.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Independently create deliverables that are easily understood, thorough, and accurate. Techniques to elicit requirements will include workshops, interviews, user stories and other methods appropriate to the development effort.
- Coordinate input from users, the development team and product management to create solution options that balance business value, usability and technical feasibility.
- Work with the product management, development, project management teams to implement, test and roll-out system enhancements.
- Identify and build trusted relationships with stakeholders. Understand their roles and tailor communication to meet their needs and proactively manage their expectations.
- Build trusted relationships with end-users by providing system support and incorporating feedback.
- Provides a user-focused approach to all ideas and decisions. Advocates for the user community through understanding of their roles, responsibilities and processes.
GENERAL EDUCATION, SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The individual in this position should have experience working in the financial industry. The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience as a product analyst and or business analyst with custom system development and vendor software implementations.
- You have worked in and are passionate about collaborative environments and Agile methodology
- You have experience working with users to create products that you believe in
- You are an effective communicator
- You can make complex concepts and business problems ‘simple’
- You are motivated to create great customer experiences and are empathetic about users’ goals and pain points
- You have a powerful analytical skill set and can motivate others to share your vision and enthusiasm
- You are adaptable, dependable, and dedicated to your products and team
- You understand and have familiarity with application architecture, web applications, databases and other relevant technologies
- You have a passion for all things data and data visualization
- You like getting hands-on and tinkering with data and reporting tools
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart, fast-paced and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being a part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative individual who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to take initiative with discretion and judgment.
At a Glance - Software Engineering Organization (SEO)
- A modern software engineering group embedded inside of a financial services firm
- Teams follow a modern approach to software engineering focusing on test driven development, pair programming, continuous integration, distributed systems and other best practices
- Teams are empowered by management to deliver product requirements through cross functional team ownership
- A strong team culture inside and outside the office
- Adaptive to change and feedback from team members