Back to Results
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract
Title: Network Engineer - FORTINET
Position Contract to Hire
Location: New York
Skills & Responsibilities
This candidate must have experience with Fortimanager and Fortinet Concentrator 300C.
- 5-8 years working in an environment with exposure to and hands-on responsibility for medium-sized data center operations and multi-location network architecture.
- At least 5 years working on network devices, including routers, firewalls, and switches versed with, FortiNet,
- Proven ability to complete strategic infrastructure projects, provide status updates to management, and successfully complete a wide range of infrastructure projects.
- Assist departmental users in defining network issues, requirements and solutions for new and existing products and applications
- Perform capacity planning for servers and network infrastructure. Identify opportunities for software / hardware / design upgrades. Design, lead, and execute projects related to infrastructure optimization and other production efficiency.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with individuals and groups both within and external to the company to achieve desired results, analyze an issue/problem, and make recommendations for an effective and efficient resolution.
- Proven commitment to providing excellent customer service within all dimensions of the job duties on a consistent basis.
- Research business requirements and evaluate vendor products and services. Participates in system testing activities and recommendations.
- Implement specific LAN / WAN and network system related software and hardware applications and solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicate and report issues, status, and results to management specific to network architecture and operations