Back to Results
Director of Network Engineering
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Exciting Lead Network Engineer opening in NYC!!!
- Lead the Network Engineering function.
- Responsible for Network and Security Management, emergency response, design and deployment of new technology and processes that would contribute to cost savings and/or productivity improvements, administration and development of network and voice usage policies and standards, proactive management of security and network systems that protect corporate data.
- Implement, manage and evaluate Network Engineering operation processes and procedures, in accordance with the standards and procedures set out by the organization.
- Maintain progress, able to balance task completion, track progress and drive assignments to completion while communicates status and issues with the Chief Technology Officer.
- Review monthly departmental revenue providing recommendations to maximize ROI whenever possible; monitor future departmental impact and needs based on predetermined metrics.
- Due to the on demand nature of the service industry, Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Company. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Upon employment, all Employees are required to fully comply with the Company’s rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the facilities. Employees who violate organization rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Respond quickly and properly to any Company and/or Client emergencies
- Maintain cleanliness in the Network Engineering Department area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field of study.
- CCIE preferred
- 10 years of experience working with network and telecommunications technology and asset.
- Thorough practical knowledge and experience using Cisco systems, routing and switching using Cisco hardware and software.
- Advanced work experience with specified hardware and software and variety of network protocols involved in LAN and WAN interfacing, security (ASA, Palo Alto), internet protocols and TCP/IP, and network infrastructure.
- Experience in Telecommunications Facilities including MPLS and DSL.
- Experience with firewalls; Cisco ASA, Cisco NAS, Cisco FWSM, TCP / IP, CISCO Catalyst, Contact Center, wireless networks.
- Experience with VoIP, Network Protocols, IP telephone systems, voice mail systems and gateways.
- Cisco Communication Manager & Unity Messaging.
- Nortel telephone systems (ICS, Option 11c, Option 61c, Option 81, CS1000).
- IP Networking & IP Telephony (IP phones, SIP Trunking, etc.).
- Voice/Data Cabling System Design & Implementation and Various Communications Technologies (T1/T3, DSL, ISDN, VOIP, POTS, Wireless/Cellular Devices & Services, Audio/Video Conferencing Systems, etc.).