Back to Results
Senior Network Engineer
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
JOB TITLE: Senior Network Engineer
LOCATION: New York, NY
Network Infrastructure, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, CCIE, Security, NEXUS
- Rapidly growing, global IT services provider. Experience providing IT support to the financial services industry and have worked for a Managed Services Provider (MSP).
- Interact directly with our high-profile, elite client base ensuring they receive our first-rate service. This position will be responsible for all network and security designs, implementations, and day-to-day support for various client network infrastructures.
- The Senior Network Engineer will handle various networking functions including security and firewalling while leveraging their Cisco and Palo Alto expertise.
- Prepare complex network designs for new and existing client site establishments, site relocations, network upgrades, network expansions, and disaster recovery setups with a focus on Cisco for core network requirements.
- Implement and maintain logical design models (L2/L3, spanning tree, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling), remote VPN software, network control protocols (QOS, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP), and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA).
- Provide Tier 3 support for all network and data communication issues including private and internet circuits, routing protocols, VPN connectivity, WAN optimization, hardware, and 3rd party vendor connectivity.
- Responsible for configuring IP Sec VPN tunnels, IP communication, and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
- Leverage a strong knowledge of equipment, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent level of hands-on experience
- 7-10 years of related IT experience in a Cisco environment.
- Must have 5+ years of network engineering experience.
- Must have CCIE certification or in progress.
- Experience in Data Center Design.
- Advanced Routing and Switching Experience with Nexus Switches.
- Experience with the financial industry.
- Must be able to travel to Purchase, NY Data Center.
- Must have ASA firewall or Palo Alto Firewall experience.
- Financial services industry and MSP experience is preferred.
- Experience configuring and deploying Palo Alto network devices.
- Strong understanding of routing, WAN/LAN, and transport technologies (Ethernet, Frame Relay, MPLS).