Back to Results
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
JOB TITLE: Systems Engineer
LOCATION: Parsippany, NJ
Main Skills: Windows Server, Citrix, Exchange VMware, Storage
This position is part of a 5-person engineering team and is responsible for the daily operation and administration of a Windows based computing environment. This position is also responsible for capacity planning and management, and the planning and engineering of technology solutions to meet new or emerging business needs.
- Define and architect disaster recovery, contingency planning, colocation, managed services and cloud computing environments. This entails collecting requirements and developing a plan to address the firm's current and future needs.
- Make recommendations to improve security, stability and systems performance when deficiencies are identified.
- Participate in facility relocations as they pertain to IT infrastructure requirements.
- Operational support, engineering, architecture, and policy definition (standardization, configuration, and security consideration) of core network equipment and Active Directory.
- Monitor, analyze and report network & server conditions including WAN/LAN connectivity, performance, change management, outages, security issues and related tasks.
- Create and maintain network documentation.
- Provide after hours and weekend support for upgrades, scheduled downtimes and preventative maintenance.
- Provide rotational after hours level 3 on-call support.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Microsoft Exchange Server administration and operations, and excellent understanding of mail flow. Must have experience supporting a large exchange server environment, 1000+ mailboxes.
- Citrix environments, EMC VNX & Nimble SAN’s, Cisco switches.
- McAfee Endpoint Protection for Business Suite (Web Security Gateway, DLP, Encryption, ePO). Preferred but not required.
- Virtual server environment using VMWARE, Microsoft Hyper-V OR Citrix XEN Server.
- Building VMs, managing Virtual Servers, adding storage and monitoring & supporting the virtual environment.
- Building and supporting Citrix XenApp and XEN Desktop farms highly preferred.
- Building and supporting Mobile Device Management (MDM) platforms such as for Enterprise, Citrix XEN Mobile.
- Networking concepts such as DHCP, DNS, IP Schemes and IP Routing is required.
- Veritas Backup Exec and archiving solutions such as Enterprise Vault is preferred but not required.
- 5 or more years senior-level IT experience and BS degree in a technical discipline required. MS degree a strong plus.