Back to Results
IT Network Security Engineer
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
We are currently hiring for a very exciting Network Security Engineer opportunity to join our growing security team!
- Research, evaluate and implement network security solutions
- Design, install, configure and support network security hardware and software infrastructure including firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention devices, and VPN concentrators etc.
- Assist in the maintenance/development of security policies and procedures, while evaluating new and existing security technologies
- Work with the other IT organizations to design, develop, and implement enterprise security solutions in support of corporate, retail, engineering and manufacturing environments.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for support of systems outside of normal business hours.
- Position will require being available to perform maintenance during non-business hours and over weekends, and availability for occasional business travel
- Be a great team player with a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to quickly prioritize various projects, tickets, and incidents in a fast-moving organization.
- Design, review and approve system and network designs to ensure compliance with corporate security policies and security best practices
- Provide technical expertise in business initiatives and projects
- Experience with VPN technologies (both IPSec and SSL)
- Experience with network security technologies like Symantec DLP, ForeScout, Websense, Palo Alto, BlueCoat, Check Point, McAfee, Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, Splunk, and Cisco SourceFire
- Experience with Decryption and Application ID Firewalling
- Knowledge of configuration and implementation of Cisco-based routers, switches and wireless access.
- 6+ years networking and security
- 8+ years information technology experience
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field or equivalent experience
- Relevant industry certification a plus (CISSP, CCSP, CCNP, CCWP)
- Strong understanding network security concepts, technologies and trends
- Experience performing network security assessments and audits