Back to Results
Senior SQL DBA
Location: Houston Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
- First project team will be working on is O365 migration/AD consolidation. Must be able to work closely with the application development team.
- Responsible for the performance and security of the databases. Will assist in managing SQL databases as a member of the Infrastructure team.
- Install, configure, upgrade, patch, and coordinate SQL Server databases.
- Backup and recovery.
- Performance tuning: physical server, database & query tuning.
- Create users & assign permissions.
- 24/7 on-call rotating schedule.
- Document database environment + infrastructure.
- Work with system admins, development teams & business app owners.
- Cross-functional team spirit to admin & troubleshoot issues.
- Manage storage devices.
- Create + execute scripts as needed.
- Lock escalation + performance tuning experience required.
- 7 years of experience administering SQL Server.
- 3 years of experience of replication + clustering (Always-On) + mirroring.
- 2+ years of experience of database: analysis + troubleshooting + tuning databases.
- Linux servers/admin experience is a plus.
- Configure/admin VMWare environment.
- VMWare vSphere.
- IP protocol + associated troubleshooting.
- Enterprise storage arrays.
- Experience with Data Center operations.
- Scripting skills: Perl, Python, and Bash.
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs.
- BACHELOR’S DEGREE REQUIRED.